- Between Empires: Colonial Networks of Technology and Cold War Asia
- Technological Nostalgia and Japanese Colonial Memory
- Politics of Belonging: Population Policy in Postwar Japan
- Japanese immigration to the Dominican Republic
- Contradiction of Human Rights: "Comfort Women" and Statelessness
- Hiromi Mizuno & Shigeru Nakayama. "Science and Nationalism" Special Issue of East Asian STS. Duke University, 2012.
- Mizuno, Hiromi. Science for the Empire: Scientific Nationalism in Modern Japan. Stanford University Press,, 2008.
- Mizuno, Hiromi. ""When Pacifist Japan Fights: Historicizing Desire in Anime"." Mechademia 2 (December 2007): 104-123.
- Mizuno, Hiromi. "The Science Room as An Archive: Taisho Japan and WWI." The Decade of the Great War: Japan and the Wider World in the 1910s (forthcoming 2013)